Hi all,

I need to selectively update an app.config file from my setup package.
 Specifically, I need to set a single attribute if it doesn't exist or has
an empty string value.  If it already has some other value then I need to
leave it unchanged.

What's the preferred way to do this?

I've authored a CA that does this but changes are being redirected to the
VirtualStore.  I've just seen that I can set CustomAction/@Impersonate="no"
to get around this, but I haven't tested it yet.

I see there is util:XmlConfig and using this it successfully sets the value,
but I can't see how to detect if the attribute is already present and skip
it.  I'm wondering if the VerifyPath attribute would help but I can't find
any decent examples or explanation of how to use it.

Thanks,
Matt.