Von: Thom Leigh [mailto:t...@mondago.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Januar 2011 09:15
An: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Betreff: Re: [WiX-users] Problem with the upgrademodus

I think this is what you're after.

To reinstall even if the same version is already installed, I use this in my
Upgrade node:

<UpgradeVersion Minimum="!(bind.FileVersion.UCClient.dll)" IncludeMinimum="no"
OnlyDetect="yes" Property="NEWERVERSIONDETECTED" /> <UpgradeVersion
Minimum="1.0.0.0" Maximum="!(bind.FileVersion.UCClient.dll)"
IncludeMaximum="yes" IncludeMinimum="yes" Property="OLDERVERSIONBEINGUPGRADED"
/>

The important part being IncludeMinimum="no" when looking for "newer" versions,
and IncludeMaximum="yes" when looking for versions that can be upgraded.

It generates a warning on compile, but is safe to ignore. Hope that helps

-Thom