From: Arun Kumar [mailto:arun_jku...@persistent.co.in]
Sent: 08 February 2011 13:23
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] MSP install issue

Hi All,

I have created an MSP that is supposed to update an binary of older
version with newer version.

But when I install this MSP it does not update the binary.

Instead when I delete binary from INSTALLDIR and run the MSP, newer
version binary gets installed.

So the issue is why my MSP is not updating older version binary?

I had also tried by setting REINSTALLMODE to "vaums" and "voums" as
follows:
msiexec.exe /p patch.msp /l*vx C:\patch.log REINSTALLMODE=vaums

Still it doesn't work for me.

Any pointers will be really helpful.

Thanks,
AK

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is
the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print,
distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this
message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus
infected mails.
------
The ultimate all-in-one performance toolkit: Intel(R) Parallel Studio
XE:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devfeb