I have an application that contains 5 components. Each component installs a
Virtual Directory onto a website and each MSI has the website component to
install if it doesn't exist. These website components all share a GUID.

My problem is that on uninstall, it doesn't seem to check that there are other
applications that are using the component and it uninstalls the site. I would
assume that since 5 components have the same component and component GUID, that
it would go by the counter system where the component wouldn't uninstall until
no other installations are using it. Is that not the case with the IIS
components?

Using Wix 3.0RTM and wix 3.5.2519.0

Thanks
Pierson