Also i read that max size of msi is 2Gb, so i can not embed all files
into single msi.

The Cabinet format has a max limit of 2 GB. That doesn't mean you can't
use multiple Media elements to compress your files into multiple cabs &
embed them into your MSI if you wish. I wouldn't recommend embedding
anything over a few hundred MB though as the time it takes for Windows
installer to extract the cab before it starts doing anything is
horrendous.

Active Directory has really nothing to do with your deployment scenario.
You'd do well to put it to one side & work on getting your installation
working in silent mode itself as that's all AD does when pushing
packages using Group Policy.

- can this msi (silently installed via AD) contain links to external
files, not embedded into cab and msi itself?
   in other words can I deliver files in same folder with msi without
merging them into cab or msi?

This has been covered elsewhere on the list many times but essentially
you use the Layout attribute of the Media Element to achieve this.

- can this msi contain links to files in cab, not embedded into msi
itself? can i somehow tell in wix project, that compression level for
cab files must be "store" (without any compression)
   in other words can i deliver files in cab without compression and not
embedded into msi?

Set EmbedCab="no" & CompressionLevel="none". A quick look at
http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/wix_xsd_media.htm would've
answered this.

You need to elaborate more on what you're trying to do with Features.
You can make updates to Features in separate MSI's but in your example,
when the user goes to install Feature C he gets C2 not C or C1 as at
that point his system is using the MSI which contains A2, B2 & C2. You
can't downgrade parts of an installation while keeping other parts
current. Windows Installer is a transactional system, that means it's
all or nothing (hence it's all but impossible to get a "half-installed"
state, it either installs or rolls back).

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment Engineer
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer

I need to prepare msi installer, so that it could be installed  via
Active Directory on multiple computers in silent mode.
Total size of files, i must redistribute is about 100Gb, so it would be
significant optimization, not to pack into cab (or at least pack without
compression) ant not to embed them into msi.
Also i read that max size of msi is 2Gb, so i can not embed all files
into single msi.

I do now know AD well, please advice me:

- can this msi (silently installed via AD) contain links to external
files, not embedded into cab and msi itself?
   in other words can I deliver files in same folder with msi without
merging them into cab or msi?

- can this msi contain links to files in cab, not embedded into msi
itself? can i somehow tell in wix project, that compression level for
cab files must be "store" (without any compression)
   in other words can i deliver files in cab without compression and not
embedded into msi?

And else one question, about features upgrades:
- can i prepare upgrades for separate features, not for entire product?
So these these upgrades could be installed in any order.
For example i have features A,B,C.
1. User installs only features A and B.
2. After these I emit upgrade A1 of feature A. and upgrade B1 of feature
B. and upgrade C1 of feature C.
3. User installs A1 and B1.
4. After these I emit upgrade A2 of feature A. and upgrade B2 of feature
B. and upgrade C2 of feature C.
5. User installs A2 and B2.
6. Now user installs feature C from his msi.
7 Can he install C1 and C2 now?

- is it possible, if use one product msi? or i need to make each feature
as separate msi file?

--
Thank you!

------
The ultimate all-in-one performance toolkit: Intel(R) Parallel Studio
XE:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devfeb