Hi,

I need to prepare msi installer, so that it could be installed  via
Active Directory on multiple computers in silent mode.
Total size of files, i must redistribute is about 100Gb, so it would be
significant optimization, not to pack into cab (or at least pack without
compression) ant not to embed them into msi.
Also i read that max size of msi is 2Gb, so i can not embed all files
into single msi.

I do now know AD well, please advice me:

- can this msi (silently installed via AD) contain links to external
files, not embedded into cab and msi itself?
   in other words can I deliver files in same folder with msi without
merging them into cab or msi?

- can this msi contain links to files in cab, not embedded into msi
itself? can i somehow tell in wix project, that compression level for
cab files must be "store" (without any compression)
   in other words can i deliver files in cab without compression and not
embedded into msi?

And else one question, about features upgrades:
- can i prepare upgrades for separate features, not for entire product?
So these these upgrades could be installed in any order.
For example i have features A,B,C.
1. User installs only features A and B.
2. After these I emit upgrade A1 of feature A. and upgrade B1 of feature
B. and upgrade C1 of feature C.
3. User installs A1 and B1.
4. After these I emit upgrade A2 of feature A. and upgrade B2 of feature
B. and upgrade C2 of feature C.
5. User installs A2 and B2.
6. Now user installs feature C from his msi.
7 Can he install C1 and C2 now?

- is it possible, if use one product msi? or i need to make each feature
as separate msi file?

--
Thank you!