Hi.

I have a msm merge module that are used across different products in different
installers (all made with WiX 3+ (the msm is created with 3.5))
I need to provide a way that ensure this msm can only be updated with a higher
version. As it is today this is not enforced
and I am looking for a best practice for doing this.
Is this best made with creating a custom action that that do:
1) read a regkey for version
2) if version is higher cancel installation else install
3) write new version to regkey
can it be done within "<Upgrade>" elements in the wxs file
or is there some documentation on this I have missed?

Thanks,
/eske