ComputerName should work on msi verions 4 and up.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368009(VS.85).aspx

I use [LocalMachine] when creating local accounts...

-----Original Message-----
From: kim [mailto:contactme...@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 March 2011 18:34
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Get computer name??

How can i populate a control with the name of the computer on which msi is
executed.

I used [ComputerName] and [COMPUTERNAME] property but its not working.

Please advice.

thanks

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.