From: Helge Kruse <helge.kruse-nos...@gmx.net>
Subject: [WiX-users] Detection of run-time DLLs
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Monday, May 16, 2011, 10:24 AM

Hello,

I know from InstallShield (IS) that it is capable to detect all the
dependencies of a binary to run-time DLLs.

When VS2005 C++ DLL uses the msvcrt IS adds the corresponding MSM to the
project. How can do similar with WiX 3.5? It would includ this tasks:

- detect automagically which run-time DLLs are necessary
- add these run-times conviniently
- keep track of updates to these run-times as it happens when VS2005SP1 or the
lastest April update of VS2005 changes the versions, that are used in VS2005
when linking a DLL?

The last point means, I want only to recompile the installer with WiX to get
the current dependencies included.

I tried to evaluate the HEAT options but did not found any appropriate.

Regards,
Helge