From: Helge Kruse <helge.kruse-nos...@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Detection of run-time DLLs
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Monday, May 16, 2011, 11:47 AM

Am 16.05.2011 17:53, schrieb Christopher Painter:
> To be honest, that's not a "feature" of InstallShield that I like or use.
> Magically "Easy" buttons are a great concept but I don't like switching off
> my brain.

Yea, maybe. But it's not necessary to switch off any brain, when such a
dependency is detected. I think the HEAT tool would be a good candidate,
since it generates a .wxs file that should be edited manually.

The great benefit of such feature is that you don't create a MSI file
that installs a product on your development PC but does not run on a
system where this run-times are not installed.

Helge