thank you for the instruction

unfortunately this did not fix my problem

Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias S [mailto:tobias.s1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:07 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] New file not installed

see http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/wix_xsd_upgradeversion.htm
for description of UpgradeVersion Element.

Default for MigrateFeatures is "yes" so my recommendation is to overwrite
it.

At first glance you should do it in the UpgradeVersion element where
you do the major upgrade:

 <UpgradeVersion Minimum="5.3.0"
                     IncludeMinimum="yes"
                     Maximum="$(var.BGProductVersion)"
                     IncludeMaximum="no"
                     Language="1033"
                     Property="UPGRADEFOUND"
                     MigrateFeatures="no"
/>

btw:
OnlyDetect="yes"
You are normally using this construct for downgrade prevention meaning
when a newer version of product is already installed on system