Interesting clue.  The GUID and component are being created on-the-fly by
heat, maybe there is a problem. I will look into it.

-----Original Message-----
From: jjbean [mailto:jonks2...@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:42 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] New file not installed

Here's a clue:

MSI (c) (CC:18) [10:47:26:095]: Disallowing installation of component:
{CA4F7916-B9A9-5D6E-BD7A-98EFFC15AAA3} since the same component with
higher versioned keyfile exists

MSI (s) (EC:18) [10:48:26:172]: Executing op:
ComponentRegister(ComponentId={CA4F7916-B9A9-5D6E-BD7A-98EFFC15AAA3},KeyPa
th=C:\Program Files\Spiricon\BeamGage
Standard\Spiricon.Source.Gevicam.UI.dll,State=3,,Disk=1,SharedDllRefCount=
2,BinaryType=0)

SharedDllRefCount is 2, and this is a new dll? You did say that in an
earlier post didn't you?
The new dll should be in a new component with a unique GUID.

The log reads (although I'm probably not 100% accurate) as if you may have
reused an existing wix component to home a new dll. If this is the case,
do
not do this.