Is it possible to access any session data from a Wix C# Custom Action
project?

I have the following:

    <Binary Id="MyCustomActions"
SourceFile="C:\DEV\Temp\CustomActions\bin\Debug\CustomActions.CA.dll"/>

    <CustomAction Id="CustomInstallDir" BinaryKey="MyCustomActions"
DllEntry="CustomAction1" Execute="deferred"></CustomAction>

    <CustomAction Id="SetCustomInstallDir" Property="CustomInstallDir"
Value="[INSTALLDIR]" Execute="immediate"/>

    <InstallExecuteSequence>

      <RemoveExistingProducts Before="InstallInitialize" />

      <Custom Action="SetCustomInstallDir" After="InstallInitialize">Not
Installed</Custom>

      <Custom Action="CustomInstallDir" After="InstallInitialize">Not
Installed</Custom>

     <!--<Custom Action="SAMPLETEXT" Before="ProcessComponents">Not
Installed</Custom>-->

    </InstallExecuteSequence>

When I look in the log file the CustomInstallDir is set as expected but
I'm unable to see any session data (the Key count for the
Session.CustomActionData is zero and if I try to do something like

session.Log(session.GetProductProperty("ProductCode"));

session.Log(session.GetProductProperty("CustomActionData"));

session.Log(session.GetProductProperty("UserSID"));

There is never anything there? All I really need to know is the install
directory (you cannot put values in the CustomAction with the DllEntry
attribute set).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Norman Lough Developer | Software Development

GEO-Information Services

Astrium Services

Northumbria House | Regent Centre | Gosforth NE3 3PX |  England

Tel +44 (0)191 213 5555| Fax +44 (0)191 213 0526

norman.lo...@infoterra-global.com | www.infoterra.co.uk

>> Spot Image & Infoterra have teamed up. The GEO-Information Services
division of Astrium brings a consolidated portfolio of services &
products to customers worldwide.