Hi

Looks like an Access Denied to me.

Try the following to work out what is going on;

This is from an MS Blog

If the server encounters an error that prevents a login from succeeding, the
client will display the following error mesage.

 Msg 18456, Level 14, State 1, Server <server name>, Line 1
 Login failed for user '<user name>'

Note that the message is kept fairly nondescript to prevent information
disclosure to unauthenticated clients. In particular, the 'State' will always
be shown to be '1' regardless of the nature of the problem. To determine the
true reason for the failure, the administrator can look in the server's error
log where a corresponding entry will be written.

An example of an entry is:

2006-02-27 00:02:00.34 Logon     Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 8.
2006-02-27 00:02:00.34 Logon     Login failed for user '<user name>'. [CLIENT:
<ip address>]
The key to the message is the 'State' which the server will accurately set to
reflect the source of the problem. In the example above, State 8 indicates that
the authentication failed because the user provided an incorrect password. The
common error states and their descriptions are provided in the following table:

ERROR STATE     ERROR DESCRIPTION
2 and 5        Invalid userid
6              Attempt to use a Windows login name with SQL Authentication
7              Login disabled and password mismatch
8               Password mismatch
9               Invalid password
11 and 12      Valid login but server access failure
13             SQL Server service paused
18             Change password required

State 16 = Does not have access to database.

Regards

Michael