[Sorry if you got this twice, I think I botched posting via Nabble the
previous time]

Hi,

I tried the patching example given at
http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/wix_patching.htm but I changed it so
the source-path points to a single file in both versions (1.0 vs 1.1), and I
just change the file contents of the text file between building each
installer.  In other words, I compile the 1.0 installer, change the text
file, compile the 1.1 installer, then make the MSP.  This is more like what
I'd be doing at work.

The problem is, if I use the file contents given in the tutorial or anything
similar (old: "This is version 1.0", new: "This is version 1.1") then it
misses the file in the patch.  It doesn't even include it in the CAB (I get
an empty CAB warning).  If I make the new value file drastically different
(e.g. add a sentence or two more) then it detects the change and puts the
file into the patch.

Apparently this only happens using pyro/torch, and not when going the
patchwiz rout.

Anyone know, is this simply a known characteristic of the hashing algorithm
used to detect changes?  Is there a workaround to have it do a better
comparison (perhaps an exact comparison)?  I don't want a config file to be
missed someday because it only differed slightly from the previous version.

Thanks.

- John Burak