Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:56:44 -0500

From: Bob Arnson <b...@joyofsetup.com>

Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Wix bug #1908338 regression in WiX 3.6?

To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net

On 23-Nov-11 18:31, David P. Romig, Sr. wrote:

> After installing WiX 3.6 beta, I'm receiving the error as described in

> bug report 1908338.  Is this a regression?

That bug is about what happens when the values aren't defined (i.e.,

CNDL0150).

> The solution contains 12 C# projects, a DDK project in C and a couple

> C++ projects in addition to the WiX project.  The build environment is

> Visual Studio 2010 version 10.0.31118.1 SP1Rel.

How is your C project built? WiX only supports project reference

variables for MSBuild projects, so a Makefile project wrapping a DDK

dirs/sources project won't work.

--

sig://boB

http://joyofsetup.com/

------------------------------

The WiX-devs archive lists failure to resolve "$(var.SolutionDir)" as
bug 1908338.

After installing WiX 3.6 beta, I'm receiving the error as described in
bug report 1908338.  Is this a regression?

Light raised the error "LGHT0094: Unresolved reference to symbol
'WixComponentGroup:Utilities.IO.Binaries' in section 'Fragment:'" for
each ComponentGroupRef and the warning "  C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v3.x\wix2010.targets(1226,5): warning :
Solution properties are only available during IDE builds or when
building the solution file from the command line. To turn off this
warning set <DefineSolutionProperties>false</DefineSolutionProperties>
in your .wixproj file.
[D:\Projects\trunk\src\app\Deployment\WixSetup\WixSetup.wixproj]".

So in the initial PropertyGroup of the wixproj file I added the element
definition "<DefineSolutionProperties>False</DefineSolutionProperties>".
While this resolved the LGHT0094 error, the WiX project now fails to
build with the error "error CNDL0150: Undefined preprocessor variable
'$(var.SolutionDir)'."

The solution contains 12 C# projects, a DDK project in C and a couple
C++ projects in addition to the WiX project.  The build environment is
Visual Studio 2010 version 10.0.31118.1 SP1Rel.

How can I use the project references and variables as listed in the
documentation?

Regards,
Dave