I have a customer who has asked that I create a UK English localization for
an existing installer.  I have a very high level / broad question that I'm
hoping can be answered by somebody from the other side of the pond.

First, let me apologize in advance if I misuse or otherwise unintentional
insult anyone by making incorrect references to political subdivisions of
the UK.   Now is the chance to enlighten me. :-)

I guess the first place to start is by asking what are the cultural
expectations in the UK with respect to localized installers?  I see that
neither InstallShield or WiX have built-in support for English languages
other then en-US/1033/0x409.   Is it common practice for products to be
localized or is it very rare?   Someone on my twitter feed commented that
Win7 installations in the UK still have a codepage of 1033.  Is that
correct?

The simple question is:  Is it possible and should it be done?