I have a Wix project that I have set to allow major upgrades. I'm using
WixUI_Advanced to allow a choice between per-user  and per-machine
installs. When I install and upgrade per-user everything works as
expected, the installer recognizes an upgrade and there is only one
entry in Programs and Features.  However when I choose a per-machine
install, it starts duplicating entries in Programs and Features (even
when both install and upgrade are per-machine and to the same folder).

Looking at the install log file it seems that FindRelatedProducts is
executing before the user gets a chance to select a per-machine install,
so the installer thinks that the context has changed and won't do an
upgrade. I attempted to suppress FindRelatedProducts in
InstallUISequence but when I do that the installer still skips
FindRelatedProducts in the InstallExecuteSequence.

What are my options at this point?  Most of our installs will be
per-machine and I would hate to have multiple entries in Programs and
Features even after the product might be uninstalled.

Thanks,

Steven