I'm just started digging into WIX this week - sorry if this is answered before
- but searching hasn't been successful.  This is part of a migration from
Visual Studio Setup Projects to WIX.

I used dark to reverse engineer the MSI - and there are several assemblies that
the Setup Project Identified as dependencies of DLL's we use - that are in the
GAC on the developers machines.

These are SQL Server related DLL's - so I can't assume they will be on the GAC
of the target machine - and I'd like to simply continue to include them as
files in the MSI - i.e. I don't want to GAC them on the target machine.

The simplest solution I can think of is to add them as References on one of my
Projects with Copy Local as true - and then pull it from the TargetDir.  Is
there a "better" way?

Thanks!

Daniel P. Sniderman| Sr Consultant| Magenic
MCSD.NET, MCTS: Team Foundation Server 2010 Administration

333 E. Butterfield Rd. Suite 100, Lombard, IL 60148
Mobile: 847-668-4882  | eFax 847-390-7810
magenic.com | dani...@magenic.com<mailto:dani...@magenic.com>