In our MBA we implemented a setup wizard with a feature selection on the
first step. My intention was to give a hint to the user in case of missing
or invalid packages *before* he entered the necessary information and the
installation actually begins.

Rob Mensching-7 wrote

> 1. If a package cannot be found, you will get a source resolution
> callback.
>
> 2. At the very least Burn does a SHA1 hash of the files to verify they are
> correct before installing them for security reasons. If you digitally sign
> your payloads, Burn will verify the signatures instead of hashing (which
> ends up being the same thing basically).

Unfortunately this does not happen until the installation started.

It would be great if I could actively trigger those checks, e.g. via the
IBootstrapperEngine interface.