I can also verify that BootstrapperApplicationData.xml doesn't contain the
payload information...it's in the manifest file.

I think it would be advantageous to include all of the information from the
manifest in the BootstrapperApplicationData.xml file (or at least write the
manifest to the temporary directory so it can be read by the BA).

In my scenario, I would also like to be able to verify the external packages
before presenting the user with the installation options. This will allow us
to maintain one bundle that can be used to present only the particular
products that a customer has paid for (we'll give them all the same bundle
but only the MSIs they need). If I had access to the payload information
then I could accomplish this quite easily.

Reasonable feature request?