From: Peter Hull [mailto:peterhul...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 12 January 2012 08:58
To: WiX Users
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Signing the burn bootstrapper

To sign the bundle and bundle engine you need to add the following to your
.wixproj:
Add <SignOutput>true</SignOutput> to a PropertyGroup Implement the targets like
this:
    <Target Name="SignBundleEngine">
        <SignFile TimestampUrl="..." CertificateThumbprint="..."
SigningTarget="@(SignBundleEngine)" />
    </Target>
    <Target Name="SignBundle" >
        <SignFile TimestampUrl="..." CertificateThumbprint="..."
SigningTarget="@(SignBundle)" />
    </Target>
You need to put these _after_ the <Import Project="$(WixTargetsPath)" />

Alternatively you can use <Exec Command='signtool.exe sign ..."' /> for more
control.

There is also a <SignContainers> target but I don't know quite what it does.

When buiding MSIs, to sign them you need to implement <Target Name="SignMsi">

If you have external CABs then also implement <Target Name="SignCabs">

The things you need to sign are in an itemgroup with the same name as the
target (e.g. @(SignMsi))

Note that you can't use the SignFile task for this, as it will only sign exes
and dlls. You have to use <Exec Command="signtool sign ..." />

Hope that helps,

Pete