Wix & MSI newbie here.

My product requires JDK 1.6 installation, and I'm trying to come up with
Wix code to verify the system has JDK 1.5 installed before proceeding
installation of my product.

I thought this would work:

<Property Id="JDKVER">
<RegistrySearch Id="NetFramework20"
                     Root="HKLM"
                     Key="SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit"
             Name="CurrentVersion"
                     Type="raw" />
</Property>

<Condition Message="This application requires Java Developer Kit 1.5 (or
higher).">
<![CDATA[Installed OR (JDKVER << "1.5" )]]> <!-- test with 1.6, 1.7,
1.8, etc. will be added later. -->
</Condition>

But this didn't work.  Even if JDK 1.5 is installed, this message is
displayed.

Anybody has experience doing JDK version check?

In an attempt to debug this, I wanted to display the value of property
"JDKVER", and inserted this code.  This is a modified version of the
code I've found in the Internet:
<CustomAction Id="ShowProperty" Script="vbscript" Execute="immediate">
<![CDATA[
       MsgBox "JDKVER =" + Session.Property("JDKVER")
       ]]>
</CustomAction>

<InstallExecuteSequence>
<Custom Action="ShowProperty" Before="InstallFinalize">True</Custom>
<!-- "Not Installed" didn't work either. -->
</InstallExecuteSequence>

But no popup came out.  What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you in advance.

T. "Kuro" Kurosaka