Unfortunately, for a lot of our customers, the device/server the app is
being installed on probably won't have access to the internet.  The install
had to be written to the lowest common denominator - a standalone device
without any connectivity.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Peter Shirtcliffe <pshirtcli...@sdl.com>wrote:

> Much as I don't like to put people off MSI, would something like Java Web
> Start serve you better ?
>
> We test for JRE installations in our product using the upgrade code/product
> code. This is easy to test for if you're only interested in a specific
> JRE/JDK version. You could do this with the upgrade table without resorting
> to custom actions. You'd have to download all the compatible versions and
> pull out the product and upgrade codes unless Oracle have a KB article for
> them. Just be careful of the upgrade/parallel installation option that
> modifies the product code.

The information contained in this transmission contains potentially privileged,
export controlled and/or confidential
information of Imageware Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners.  It is
intended only to be read by the person(s)
named above and for no other purpose.  You are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, duplication of this
communication or use of its contents for any purpose not authorized expressly
by Imageware Systems, Inc. is strictly
prohibited and could lead to both civil and/or criminal penalties.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are
prohibited to review the contents herein and please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original message.  To reply to our e-mail administrator directly, please send
an e-mail to emailad...@iwsinc.com