>From wcautil.h (which includes dutil.h)
#define ExitTrace WcaLogError
#define ExitTrace1 WcaLogError
#define ExitTrace2 WcaLogError
#define ExitTrace3 WcaLogError

>From dutil.h:
#define ExitOnFailure(x, s)   if (FAILED(x)) { ExitTrace(x, s);  goto
LExit; }
#define ExitOnFailure1(x, f, s)   if (FAILED(x)) { ExitTrace1(x, f, s);
 goto LExit; }
#define ExitOnFailure2(x, f, s, t)   if (FAILED(x)) { ExitTrace2(x, f, s,
t);  goto LExit; }
#define ExitOnFailure3(x, f, s, t, u) if (FAILED(x)) { ExitTrace3(x, f, s,
t, u);  goto LExit; }

So, they go through WcaLogError. Which should show up in your verbose MSI
log file.