The file versioning rules apply even when patching. You could try tweaking
the REINSTALLMODE property, but it affects ALL files in the feature(s)
selected for reinstallation (whether in the patch or not).

-----Original Message-----
From: tome...@qualisystems.com [mailto:tome...@qualisystems.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:58 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] How does Torch decide which files changed?!

Thanks for the reply!
I did find reference to a file I was concerned about...
The problem is, that I changed the file locally on the "customers"
machine, then I installed the patch, the file wasn't replaced... that led me
to think that there was something wrong with the patch...
By the way the file name appears 11 times in the wixmst file...

Is there a way to create a patch that always replaces all the files it has?