That's a standard part of any software installation (usually for handling
reboots). There were conversations earlier on this mailing list about Trend
Micro OfficeScan aggressively killing anything that tried to touch that
key. It apparently is a configuration setting in the virus checker to be
that aggressive.  The work around thus far was to change that setting.
Others here may have more experience with it...

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC