Hi,

It's a very old laptop.  I ran windows update on it and it listed 100 updates.
Note at this time my burn package (i.e. my program) was still installed.  I
installed the 100 updates and rebooted the computer.  I tried uninstalling my
program and it failed and this was in the log:

[0F24:0B64][2012-03-27T16:05:33]: Detect complete, result: 0x0
[0F24:0B64][2012-03-27T16:05:35]: Plan 3 packages, action: Uninstall
[0F24:0B64][2012-03-27T16:05:35]: Error 0x80070002: Failed dependents check on
package provider: {A20ABBF9-534E-41A2-A7FE-7611EB47E7A1}
[0F24:0B64][2012-03-27T16:05:35]: Error 0x80070002: Failed to plan dependency
actions to unregister package: ShellSetup.msi
[0F24:0B64][2012-03-27T16:05:35]: Error 0x80070002: Failed to plan execute
package.

I then did a repair which was successful and after that I was able to
successfully uninstall my program.  I installed my program again and I no
longer have the "updates could not be paused" error.  But any idea why I get
the error that prevents my from uninstalling?

My burn package installs (in listed order):
(1) .net framework 4.0 (not cached)
(2) Visual 2010 C++ Redistributable Package (not cached)
(3) Shell Setup.msi (which is my program, this is cached)

When I ran Windows Update among the 100 updates were updates for the .net
framework 4.0 so this may be the reason for uninstall failure.

I went to another computer I had and checked for updates.  There was an update
for Visual 2010 C++ Redistributable so I installed that (before this I had
already installed my program on this computer).  After I did and went to
uninstall my program it gave me the same error as the other computer.  Exact
same message in log as above.  I had to do a repair and then was able to
uninstall my program successfully.  So it seems any changes to .net or
redistributable will prevent uninstall.

Is this a known bug with burn?  Or is there something I need to do differently?

It also appears that when I do a repair the .net 4.0 framework is downloaded (I
guess since it is not cached).  How does this affect the updates/patches that
get installed from windows update when burn repairs the .net framework?
Wouldn't the repair overwrite the new updates?

Wes