ICE does not seem work correctly on a default, locked-down install of
Windows Server 2008 R2 with AppLocker enabled. IIRC, an MSI policy that is
locked down on Server also has to be enabled (it's been a while since I had
to ge this working on my own machine).

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Christopher Painter <chr...@iswix.com>wrote:

> I've done more research.  I wrote a per-user install that didn't require
> admin and tried to install it by using an MSBuild Exec task.  I got a 1601
> error message saying the installer service was unavailable.
>

> I also ran sc query msiserver and it didn't say it was disabled.  But
> clearly MSI is locked down in their build environment.

*Heath Stewart
*Visual Studio Professional Deployment Experience team, Microsoft
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths