From: John Cooper
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 9:10 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Build WiX Projects via msbuild using TFSPreview Hosted
Build Servers

May be not helpful enough.  Enabling validation still gets me:

light.exe: Error executing ICE action 'ICE01'. The most common cause of this
kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered scripting engine. See
http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for details and how to solve this
problem. The following string format was not expected by the external UI
message logger: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support
personnel for assistance.".
 light.exe: Error executing ICE action 'ICE02'. The most common cause of this
kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered scripting engine. See
http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for details and how to solve this
problem. The following string format was not expected by the external UI
message logger: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support
personnel for assistance.".
 light.exe: Error executing ICE action 'ICE03'. The most common cause of this
kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered scripting engine. See
http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for details and how to solve this
problem. The following string format was not expected by the external UI
message logger: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support
personnel for assistance.".
 light.exe: Error executing ICE action 'ICE04'. The most common cause of this
kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered scripting engine. See
http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for details and how to solve this
problem. The following string format was not expected by the external UI
message logger: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support
personnel for assistance.".
 light.exe: Error executing ICE action 'ICE05'. The most common cause of this
kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered scripting engine. See
http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for details and how to solve this
problem. The following string format was not expected by the external UI
message logger: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support
personnel for assistance.".

I've already verified that vbscript and jscript are not registered in HKCU and
are properly registered in HKLM.  No dice.  Going to see if running smoke as an
msbuild process will work for me.  Got two more Server 2008 R2 build servers
coming on line today, and I need to have this working.

--
John M. Cooper