When I first looked into creating a 64-bit package to sit alongside our
existing 32-bit package it seemed obvious to me that you should offer one or
the other, which ever is appropriate for the user's OS. And most of what
I've read supports this.

However, Adobe PhotoShop offer the option to install both on 64-bit OS. I
can understand that you might need both because of the compatability of your
plugins so you can perform most of your work in 64-bit, but occasionally use
the 32-bit version where plugin compatability is required.

But should this approach be the norm - should you offer the option to
install both 32-bit and 64-bit on 64-bit OS as a matter of habit? Does this
approach cause any issues that should be viewed with caution?

Cheers, G