I am looking into possibility of creating my own bootstrapper that tweaks the
standard bootstrapper.

I assume that if I write my bootstrapper from scratch, I shouldn't run into
complications, but if I start with the standard bootstrapper code and make some
changes that fits my situation, I've created a derivative work and therefore
would be required to make the source code publicly available. (At least
according to Wikipedia)

I imagine there will be people looking to have a place to start with, and the
standard bootstrapper source code is where they will probably go.

Has this been discussed? Are there any plans to address this? Perhaps a
bootstrapper template that is released under less restrictive terms where
derivative source code isn't required to be made public availability. Or
perhaps a more configurable bootstrapper where dialogs can be suppressed and
custom dialogs can be added.

Thanks

Darwin