On 30-Jul-12 18:59, Chris Dahl wrote:
> My question then is how can I using Wix set the <merge> entry to *not* try to
> install the VC10 merge module if it already exists on the system?

 1. Worth noting: Merge modules are a build-time concept; once merged,
    they lose their identity as a container. It's just files (and
    whatever else is in the .msm file).
 2. In the case of the VC runtime, it's basically just files. So compare
    the version of the files on the target system to what's in your .msm
    file. If MSI sees that a file needs to be upgraded, it will install
    it. If you've set REINSTALLMODE in your package, you can cause MSI
    to attempt to always overwrite which would cause the behavior you're
    seeing. A verbose install log will answer that.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/