Thanks to Bob for pointing out that the VC10 merge module no longer installs to
the winsxs directory. Now it installs to Windows\System32.

My question then is how can I using Wix set the <merge> entry to *not* try to
install the VC10 merge module if it already exists on the system? The problem
we are having is that our installer is trying to install it, but it's in use
currently by another process. And that process isn't responding to the Restart
Manager messaging correctly, which forces a reboot.

Surely there must be a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

- Chris.