I just read an article that made me realize I have an error in my pyro command.
It should read:

Pyro ADSPatch1.wixmsp -out ADSPatch1.msp -t ADSPatch ADSPatch1.wixmst

This now gives me a warning:

PYRO1079: the cab file does not contain any files.

I do have the changed file in a ComponentRef in the patch file, so I am not
sure why I got this.

This is then followed by the error:

PYRO0227: The transforms being built did not contain any references so it could
not be created.

So I am still at a stopping point where my transforms are not being built.

I have looked at both msi files in Orca and the file sizes for the changed file
are different. I though that was enough for it to see the differences but it
does not seem that way.

How do I get the processes to see the changed file?