From: Jeanne Dixon [mailto:jdi...@cots.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 2:12 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Assistance with Burn

I have been attempting to make simple changes to the theme of my burn
application. Most of this has been easy, but I am now running into a few things
that I can't seem to find simple answers to.

First, if the user cancels the install from my bootstrap, it shows that the
install failed and gives the error code and description (as provided in the
examples). Without creating my own BA, is there a way to have conditional text
for "User canceled" vs a real error? Also, how do I turn on the error logs for
Burn (and where does it put them by default - I am new to all this and I don't
really know where %temp% is).

Second, if I have to create my own BA to handle this, how do I go about
integrating it into my bootstrap? I have made changes to
WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.cpp, but I don't know what to do with the
dll generated or how and where to put the config file (I have seen examples of
some of this but there is no concise information on what to do and where to put
it).