From: Bob Arnson [mailto:b...@joyofsetup.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:38 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Assistance with Burn

On 29-Aug-12 09:27, Jeanne Dixon wrote:
> I have attempted to rename the dll I built in the wixstdba directory to be
> WixBalExtension.dll and copied it into my Wix3.6 Toolset directory. When I
> try to build my bootstrapper it gives me an error that the dll could not be
> loaded.
WixBalExtension.dll is a WiX extension that includes, among other
things, wixstdba.dll. If you just want to replace wixstdba.dll, you can
use the existing WixBalExtension.dll but need to reference
WixStandardBootstrapperApplication using a BootstrapperApplication
element with a @SourceFile attribute that points to your replacement
wixstdba.dll. See src\ext\BalExtension\wixlib\wixstdba* in the WiX source.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/