Hello,

I would
like to install two ftdi (VCP: USB to COM) drivers with WiX, among others app
stuff. I have the last WiX, i.e. v3.6. I’m bugging with it for quite some days.
I’ve read quite a lot of stuff about WiX and about drivers installation. I
haven’t checked both .inf files with ChkINF yet, but I suppose they are fine
since we use it already. I haven’t used explicit CustomAction as I saw in some
suggestions as It looks like old stuff. Well I’m using plain .wsx with
Notepad++ and command prompt candle.exe and light.exe in Win 7.  I know
both drivers has to be in separate WiX components. I used difx:Driver tag as
you can see below. I have a ref in xmlns to the Difxapp extension. I used the
switches –ext in candle and light as I guessed. Maybe I’m following the wrong
path. Please, help. But as with that switch the candle compiler produce no
errors, I assume it is all right. Please, direct me to some driver installation
(two drivers even!) with WiX 3.6.

The
following is ok:

candle.exe
-ext WixDifxappExtension ftdiinstall.wsx

But after
this, I get  errors:

light -ext
WixDifxappExtension ftdiinstall.wixobj

Namely:

C:\Users\hob\Documents\WiX\ftdiinstall.wsx(29)
: error LGHT0094 : Unresolved ref

erence to
symbol 'CustomAction:MsiProcessDrivers' in section 'Product:{E00E5A99-

913D-4C68-98BF-B43A471CD45D}'.

C:\Users\hob\Documents\WiX\ftdiinstall.wsx(42)
: error LGHT0094 : Unresolved ref

erence to
symbol 'CustomAction:MsiProcessDrivers' in section 'Product:{E00E5A99-

913D-4C68-98BF-B43A471CD45D}'.

My wsx is:

<?xml
version='1.0' encoding='windows-1252'?>

<Wix
xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi'

xmlns:difx='http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/DifxAppExtension'>

<Product Name='FTDI Drivers Installer'
Id='E00E5A99-913D-4C68-98BF-B43A471CD45D' Language='1033' Codepage='1252'
Version='1.0' Manufacturer='Pieps GmbH'
UpgradeCode='6179804D-2231-47D0-B569-B9E04B5C0712'

<Package Id='*' Keywords='install deploy ftdi driver' Description='FTDI
Driver Installer' Comments='Installs FTDI drivers'

 Manufacturer='Pieps GmbH' InstallerVersion='100' Languages='1033'
Compressed='yes' SummaryCodepage='1252' />

<Media Id='1' Cabinet='FTDIInstall.cab' EmbedCab='yes' DiskPrompt='FTDI
Driver Media' />

<Property Id='DiskPrompt' Value='FTDI Driver Install Media' />

<Directory Id='TARGETDIR' Name='SourceDir'>

<Directory Id='AppDataFolder'>

<Directory Id='CompanyDir' Name='Pieps'>

<Component Id='CompanyDirCom' Guid='A97A6647-E36F-4C9B-AFA1-EA65D51D0C08'>

<RemoveFolder Id='RemoveCompanyDir' On='uninstall' />

<RegistryValue Root='HKCU' Key='SOFTWARE/Pieps' Name='Uninstall'
Type='string' Value='1.0.14.0' KeyPath='yes' />

</Component>

<Directory Id='INSTALLDIR' Name='FtdiDrivers'>

<Component Id='DriversDirComp'
Guid='0CC61F38-0C9B-4D15-B89A-29DC27DF44FD'>

<RemoveFolder Id='RemoveFtdiDrivers' On='uninstall' />

<RegistryValue Root='HKCU' Key='SOFTWARE/Pieps' Name='Uninstall'
Type='string' Value='1.0.14.0' KeyPath='yes' />

</Component>

<Directory Id='FtdiBusDriverDir' Name='FtdiBusDriver' >

<Component Id='FtdiBusDriver' Guid='C96288D7-0C58-44DB-85A6-F6E2B102BFCB'

<RemoveFolder Id='RemoveBusDriverDir' On='uninstall' />

<RegistryKey Root='HKCU' Key='SOFTWARE\FtdiBusDriver\Uninstall'>

<RegistryValue Value='This is it!' Type='string' KeyPath='yes' />

</RegistryKey>

<difx:Driver Sequence='1' AddRemovePrograms='no' Legacy='no'
PlugAndPlayPrompt='no' ForceInstall='yes' />

<File Id='BusDriverSys' Source='i386\ftdibus.sys' />

<File Id='BusDriverInf' Source='ftdibus.inf' />

<File Id='BusDriverCat' Source='ftdibus.cat' />

</Component>

</Directory>

<Directory Id='FtdiPortDriverDir' Name='FtdiPortDriver'>

<Component Id='FtdiPortDriver' Guid='CB959589-9A83-4E0F-8B4C-3DEA265235D6'

<RemoveFolder Id='RemovePortDriverDir' On='uninstall' />

<RegistryKey Root='HKCU' Key='SOFTWARE\FtdiPortDriver\Uninstall'>

<RegistryValue Value='This is it!' Type='string' KeyPath='yes' />

</RegistryKey>

<difx:Driver Sequence='2' AddRemovePrograms='no' Legacy='no'
PlugAndPlayPrompt='no'
ForceInstall='yes' />

<File Id='PortDriverSys' Source='i386\ftser2k.sys' />

<File Id='PortDriverInf' Source='ftdiport.inf' />

<File Id='PortDriverCat' Source='ftdiport.cat' />

</Component>

</Directory>

</Directory>

</Directory>

</Directory>

</Directory>

<Feature Id='Complete' Level='1'>

<ComponentRef Id='CompanyDirCom' />

<ComponentRef Id='DriversDirComp' />

<ComponentRef Id='FtdiBusDriver' />

<ComponentRef Id='FtdiPortDriver' />

<!-- <ComponentGroupRef Id='' /> -->

</Feature>

<!--

<CustomAction Id='InstallBusDriver' Return='ignore' />

<CustomAction Id='InstallPortDriver' Return='ignore' />

<InstallExecuteSequence>

</InstallExecuteSequence>

-->

</Product>