Some comments below; they may not fix your problem, but point to other
issues in the WXS:

The WSX you attached got cut off at various points, can you show which lines
of code were indicated by the faulty lines #29 and #42?

> <Component Id='CompanyDirCom' Guid='A97A6647-E36F-4C9B-AFA1-
> EA65D51D0C08'>
>

> <RemoveFolder Id='RemoveCompanyDir' On='uninstall' />

You don't need to have RemoveFolder.  This element can be completely
removed.  The directories you create will be removed anyway on uninstall.

This is true for all instances of RemoveFolder in your example code.

> <difx:Driver Sequence='1' AddRemovePrograms='no' Legacy='no'
> PlugAndPlayPrompt='no' ForceInstall='yes' />

I would suggest changing "ForceInstall" to "no".  If you set it to "yes"
like in your example, you could force downgrading the driver to an older
version if the user's system had a newer version of the driver installed.
That may cause compatibility problems with other software and devices
installed on the customer's computer that also uses an FTDI driver.

> <File Id='BusDriverSys' Source='i386\ftdibus.sys' />
> <File Id='BusDriverInf' Source='ftdibus.inf' />
> <File Id='BusDriverCat' Source='ftdibus.cat' />

You can't install files in a component into multiple directories.  You'll
have to split this into at least two components: one for the i386 directory
and one for the parent directory containing INF/CAT files.  Also, you're
missing some of the files from the FTDI driver package - your list of files
is incomplete.  Put the difxapp:Driver element in the parent directory
component containing the INF file.

The same issues apply to the FTDI port section you listed below.