Hello,

My WiX MSI package allows same version upgrades with: <MajorUpgrade
Schedule="afterInstallInitialize" AllowSameVersionUpgrades="yes"
 DowngradeErrorMessage="A newer version of [ProductName] is already
installed." />.

However when using this with my Manager Bootstrapper Application I never
get the RelatedOperation of a MinorUpgrade or MajorUpgrade in the
DetectRelatedBundle event. I only get RelatedOption.None. The process
indeed upgrades the previous installation but this hinders my ability to
inform the user inside of the Bootstrapper Application that the install is
an upgrade. Is this a bug or is there something I am doing wrong? Is the
problem that the package actions aren't scheduled until it is actually
executing?

Greg Beaty
g <gbe...@spsu.edu>reg.bea...@gmail.com