From: Rob Mensching [mailto:r...@robmensching.com]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 10:11 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Burn mangaged installer and IIS Administration

1. Today, yes. Fixing the engine to help would be interesting. Funny thing is
that it is only IIS that seems to have this problem.

2. Not going to help fix the Burn engine with managed code, no. <smile/>

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Henning Krause
<m...@henningkrause.eu>wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> > You'd have to spin of a separate process that can elevate. We've
> > talked
> about
> > adding somethig like this to Burn for IIS because they made a huge
> > API
> blunder
> > and required read operations to be elevated. <sigh/>
>
> But with an additional elevated process the use would have to go
> through the elevation process two times - once for the detection and
> once for the installation, or am I wrong?
>
> > Of course, that thing hasn't been implemented yet. Maybe you'd like
> > to contribute it?
>
> I only do managed development - so, I think this would be a problem,
> wouldn't it?
>
> Kind regards,
> Henning

virtually,

   Rob Mensching
   http://RobMensching.com LLC
SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.