Hi.

We are trying to keep some state alongside our bundle about which packages have
been chosen for installation. The solution we envisioned was to put some
registry entries within HKLM, but this fails on Windows 7 (and probably Vista)
due to HKLM requiring admin privileges. We could work around this issue by
writing to HKCU, but that would cause issues if another user ran the
uninstallation (for instance) later.

Is it possible to elevate the bootstrapper application in some way, so that we
can write to HKLM? As a sideline question, does Burn store any information
about what packages has been installed for later retrieval or persist any of
the variables set during the installation on its own (if using a custom BA)?

Daniel E. Bruce
Software Developer, +47 91918893
Prediktor AS
Habornveien 48B, N-1630 Gamle Fredrikstad, Norway