Have your BA set a burn variable. Use this variable as the Value of an
MsiProperty element.

-----Original Message-----
From: victorwhiskey [mailto:victorhwhis...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 16 November 2012 14:27
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Is it possible to pass variables to the msipackage
element based on UI from custom BA?

What I'd like to do is simulate the MSI install screens with a custom BA, and
have a check box to create desktop shortcuts on the UI.  Currently in my MSI
package I create the desktop shortcut based on the checkbox variable from the
MSI.

<Component Id="DesktopShortcut"
                 Directory="DesktopFolder"
                 Guid="{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxE822}" >
        <Condition>CREATEDESKTOPSHORTCUT</Condition>
        <CreateFolder/>
        <RegistryKey Root="HKCU"
                     Key="Software\company\product"
                     Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall">
          <RegistryValue Name="DTSC"
                         Value="1"
                         Type="integer"
                         KeyPath="yes"/>
        </RegistryKey>
        <Shortcut Id="DesktopShortcut"
                  Name="product_name"
                  Description="product description"
                  WorkingDirectory="working dir"
                  Target="path to exe"/>
      </Component>

Is there some way to pass a variable to the msi package element to create
this component based on the checkbox value from BA?

Thank you.

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.