>i am at loss to understand as to why would i have to test the results of
my immediate custom actions.

If nothing else for regression/bugfix validation purposes.  If you are not
doing anything of complexity in the immediate actions, you need to decide
the value of testing overhead vs. risk for yourself.

>how could the values of  properties set using immediate custom actions go
wrong

Depends on your code.  You should be able to look at it and guess where it
could go wrong.

> Could one of you give me real life examples as to how Lux helps?

It would have prevented me from writing my own testing harness.