Technically it's supported, however, Windows 8 has the .NET 3.5 ( and
2.0/3.0 )  disabled by default.   Additionally it's a windows update
download when activating as it's not cached locally on the hard drive.

 From: "Pally Sandher" <pally.sand...@iesve.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:39 AM
To: "General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset."
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Supporting Windows 8

Windows 8 should have .NET 3.5 (and 4.0) support built in. I think the
WiXNetFxExtension you're using hasn't been updated to take this into
account when setting those properties. If you're using WiX v3.7 bug report
it at http://sourceforge.net/p/wix/bugs/

To work around it in the meantime, change your condition to
<![CDATA[Installed OR VersionNT>601 (NETFRAMEWORK35_SP_LEVEL and NOT
NETFRAMEWORK35_SP_LEVEL = "#0")]]>
so it passes on Windows 8 (and later).

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372495.aspx and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370556.aspx for details on the
VersionNT property.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Platform Engineer
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501
http://www.iesve.com

**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow
G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer