From: chennam [mailto:chatrapathi.chen...@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 March 2013 14:19
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Copy file where source and Destination same

Used the FileId attribute of the CopyFile element so that it generates a row
in the DuplicateFile table, rather than in the MoveFile table.

if  FileId attribute is used then how to eliminate the duplicate file (source
file) once the copyfile action perfomed?

And under what custom action does the destination setproperty need to be if
the FileId attribute is used? (I have used AppSearch not user it is right one
or not)

And another quick question instead of hard coding destination file path. I am
setting a property like [INSTALLOCATION]="E:\Websites\CBUDirect"  which I am
passing as parameter (not shown below) .So the "DestFilesFolder" vaue becomes
"[INSTALLOCATION]\Website\App_Config" After="AppSearch". And it is working
well for installation ,but during UnIstallation it does give a error like
Failed the network search "\Website\App_Config" ie the [INSTALLOCATION] is
not been stored during the unistallation. Then how to crossover this hurdle?
Note:[INSTALLOCATION] is dynamic one given only during MSI installation
package.

I have implemented using FileID attribute of Copyfile please see below.

<Fragment>

<SetProperty Id="DestFilesFolder"
Value="E:\Websites\CBUDirect\Website\App_Config" After="AppSearch" />

  <ComponentGroup Id="CopyFiles">
         <ComponentRef Id="CMP_LOG4TXT" />
  </ComponentGroup>

  <DirectoryRef Id="WEBSITE">
  <Component Id="CMP_LOG4TXT" Guid="DBAF8230-218D-44BB-B34B-7B26FD144454"
KeyPath="yes">

  <File Id="File_installme"
Source="C:\Workspaces\Chatra\Website\CBUDirect.Web\App_Config\Deployment.Prod
uctionBuild.config.xml"

      <CopyFile Id="Copy_LOG4TXT"
      DestinationProperty="DestFilesFolder"
      DestinationName="Deployment.Production.config" />
    </File>

 </Component>
  </DirectoryRef>

</Fragment>

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.