I wouldn't, simply because some of the difficulties others have reported as
well as introducing another dependency to your installer. A simple C++ CA DLL
can be compiled for a minimal footprint and has no dependencies.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raghu [mailto:raghu_ti...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 8:05 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Is using Powershell script as a Wix Custom Action a good
idea?

Hello Wix users,

I have a very simple custom action something on the lines of validating a key
as part of setup, the min requirement that the setup to run is on Win2k8 R2+.
Now I can achieve the same thing in a dll but I feel its an overkill and is
easily achieved in a script, for a while I was pondering over using vbscript
until I read the warning in
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/robmen/archive/2004/05/20/136530.aspx and decided
against vbscript. Could folks point out if doing the same in powershell is ok?
Thanks.,
Raghu