What more information would you like about the feature?  Also, why would
you want to turn it off? Other projects types do not let you turn off their
incremental build facility. What could have been done better (other than
just have it auotmatically work, which was the intent <smile/>)?

Very possibly. Sounds like Merge Modules may not be handled correctly by
the incremental build change. Want to help us fix the root issue? If so,
love to start a discussion on wix-d...@lists.sourceforge.net about the best
way to fix the targets to correctly handle the situation.