Hi Rob, and thanks for your reply.

robmen wrote
> Want to help us fix the root issue? If so, love to start a discussion on

> wix-devs@.sourceforge

>  about the best way to fix the targets to correctly handle the situation.

First off, I tried answering via the [hidden email] link, but then I get a
Nabble error "Domain starts with dot. Please fix the error and try again."
Which I don't understand at all.

About the problem ...

Is it a part of WiX that creates (and later deletes) those three temporary
files? If so, am I correct in suspecting that the files are created without
"fixing" their timestamp after creation?

If so, then the fix should be simple: set the timestamp of those three files
to match the timestamp on the merge module file. Then the three temporary
files will not trigger a re-link in most cases, but if the merge module is
updated then they will trigger a re-link. Case solved!

Yours,
Rennie