StevenOgilvie wrote
> As in previous email WIX has built in vars...
> \dev\myapp\bin\$(var.Configuration)\myapp.exe
>
> here is more info:
> http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/votive_project_references.htm

For posterity, do I understand correctly that if you leave out the project
name from the variable name (e.g. leave out /MyProject/ from
/$(var.MyProject.Configuration)/) for anything in the table at the  link,
above <http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/votive_project_references.htm>
, then it will refer to the current project (not a referenced project)?  I
may have missed it, but I didn't see that mentioned on the page.  That's the
only explanation I've found for $(var.Configuration) working, which it seems
to.